Gluten Free Biscuits, Cakes and other Nice Things

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie from Chocolate Covered Katie


This year I've gone gluten free, well almost gluten free, but I definitely don't eat bread anymore unless its gluten free and the rest of the time I try to keep my gluten intake as low as possible.  I've definitely felt the benefits healthwise, but its been a challenge as gluten free cereals and bakery items are always a lot more expensive to buy than the gluten un-free ones, and that's if you can manage to track them down in the first place.

One solution is to make your own and certain items such as gluten free flour, peanut butter, dark chocolate, apple sauce and dried fruit have become store cupboard staples.

I also have a sweet tooth, so I love my desserts and sweet treats and my favourite source of inspiration is Chocolate Covered Katie .  Her recipes are fantastic, often looking very indulgent but are surprisingly healthy alternatives.  Not everything Katie makes is gluten free but she makes it easy to substitute ingredients and adapt things to your own preference.

This week, I made these Peanut Butter Christmas (Gingerbread) Cookies and love them - they are so cheap and easy to make and great with a cup of tea or coffee.


peanut butter chocolate chip gingerbread christmas cookies http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/wp-content/uploads/Peanut-Butter-Gingerbread-Chocolate-Chip_A66F/pb-christmas-cookies.jpg

I follow Katie on Facebook because I like to keep up with all her news and latest recipes, but she also has a great blog and Pinterest site.  She's also working on a recipe book due out next year which I'm sure will be fantastic too

Comments

Popular Posts