A Bit of Pampering Courtesy of Lush



Last month I mentioned my shopping trip into Brighton and my mood-enhancing purchases from Lush.  Well I've now had a chance to try them out so here's the verdict on my 3 purchases:-

Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar


Lush describe this product as "a warming blend of cinnamon and peppermint essential oils that are said to stimulate the circulation to warm and loosen up stiff, achy muscles. These essential oils are blended with Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and shea butter as well as organic jojoba oil and extra virgin coconut oil to sink into the skin. Use the smooth side all over the body, then turn it over and use the knobbly aduki beans on any particularly stubborn knots."

Well I can't argue with that, and I think their massage bars are great because just the warmth of your hands when holding the bar releases enough of this product to rub onto the skin (or you can rub the bar directly onto the skin).  The shop wrapped the bar in some pretty greaseproof paper but that's the only packaging that's required, so its very eco-friendly. I store it at home with my clothes so it doubles up as drawer scenter too. 

Due to a medical condition, I do tend to get stiff and aching joints, particularly after walking even just a couple of miles, and this product is advertised as "aches and pains be gone".  I have found it definitely does soothe my aches and pains and I love the warming and comforting cinnamon smell that is released when using it.  I really like this bar and would definitely buy it again.


Christmas Eve Bubble Bar


Described by Lush as "Mounds of soft, frothy bubbles and the heavenly fragrance of ylang ylang and jasmine absolute. Sink into the warm, blue waters, softened with corn flour, Irish moss powder and baking soda. Little ones love this one too; just crumble one in the tub and let the soothing fragrance calm their excitement and send them off to the land of nod. You'll soon find out why Christmas Eve has become a returning favorite since it first launched a few years ago!"

I prefer their bubble bars to bath bombs as you can crumble them up and use as much or as little as you like at a time.  The design of the bar represents the moon in the blue night sky.  As I usually find myself working on Christmas Eve for at least part of the day, I find a soak in a hot bath with some fragrant bubbles once I get home helps me unwind and switch into relaxed festive mode.  

I chose "Christmas Eve" as thought it would be pretty Christmassy but should have realised that jasmine and ylang ylang are not Christmas fragrances at all (more exotic and tropical) so a little disappointed really as the fragrance didn't match up to the description.  Ah well, gives me an excuse to try out some other bars in the meantime ...

New Shampoo Bar



Described as "A solid bar with cinnamon, clove and peppermint to stimulate your scalp. Cinnamon leaf, bay and clove bud essential oils combine with peppermint to boost blood flow, stimulating the hair follicles. An infusion of nettle and peppermint helps to stimulate the scalp and promote healthy hair. Rosemary soothes, calms your scalp and adds a glorious shine to your hair. "

I've used Lush solid shampoo bars in the past and had forgotten how good they are. Particularly useful when travelling - I've been on cycle holidays in the past and have needed to travel light as carrying everything needed for the week on the bike, these bars are multi-tasking for cleaning hair, body and clothes and yet take up so little space, they really earn their keep!  

However, I've not used New before but have to say I love the way it makes your scalp tingle when you use it.  Even after just one wash I've noticed my hair has more body and shine. With no packaging it takes up so little space in the bathroom and apparently you can get 60 - 80 washes out of one of these beauties so very good value too.  I've decided once all my other shampoos have been used up, I'll just be sticking to Lush shampoo bars in the future!


Keeping with the happy theme, I'm going to try and link up every Friday now with Planet Penny's Happy Friday and choose one special moment from the week to highlight on Friday - this week I'll be reflecting on my glorious sunset pictures



Comments

Popular Posts