Popcorn

"It doesn't show signs of stopping, And I've bought some corn for popping, The lights are turned way down low, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"
Ok, I know its not Christmas anymore, and I know it wasn't really snowing that much yesterday, but this song kept going through my head yesterday as I made popcorn for the first time ever!  I was surprised how quick and easy it was to do and was impressed with the result.  Also pleased to have found a reasonably healthy snack to nibble for our at home "movie nights".


Chocolate Chip Popcorn

If I'm preaching to the converted, then I would love to know your suggestions for alternative flavours to my chocolate chip popcorn.  If you're new to this like me, then here's what I did:

(made in a small saucepan - makes 4 portions - or 2 large portions)


  • Add 2 tbsp oil (I used veg oil but will try it with butter next time) to a pan and begin heating on a med - high heat.
  • After about a minute, add enough popping corn/kernels to cover the base of the pan and pop the lid on
  • After the corn begins popping, turn the heat off if using an electric stove. (if using gas, leave on for another minute or so).
  • When the tempo of the popping has slowed down, take the pan off the heat and wait for it to stop popping entirely before transferring to a bowl.
  • Is now ready to add a flavouring of your choice - I added a couple of tsp of chocolate chips (but as its still warm, you need to allow more cooling off time so that the chocolate can "set")
  • For a completely healthy option, serve as it is
note: I used a pan with a transparent lid, so it was good to be able to watch what was going on - children will love this bit!

Comments

Popular Posts